Saturday, May 24, 2008

Getting Tough on DWI

Folks often suggest stories to me that they think I ought to blog about. For some reason, this seems to primarily consist of advice like “Did you see that [Paris Hilton/Lindsay Lohan/local celebrity/etc.] got [arrested/rearrested/etc.}? You ought to write about that…”
I thank them for the idea, and by the way – I really mean this – anything you see out there, please alert me if you think it’s good blogging material.
But (there’s always a ‘but’, isn’t there…)
I don’t blog about so-and-so got arrested for such-and-such. It’s
Not my style
Seems like making fun of people in the same situation as my clients
Not usually relevant to my ‘niche’
Overdone by the cut-and-paste bloggers
Not a case I think I know anything about, since all my info about it comes from the media
There’s about a hundred more reasons I don’t ‘do’ that type of blogging.
So today, someone tells me about a story in the Austin American Statesman about [-------] getting arrested. I wasn’t overly familiar with the name, but it seemed to ring a bell. Catalogued it as ‘not my type of post’ and went on my way.
Then I see that DWI lawyers in Frisco, Houston, and all the way to California have jumped into the fray, noting that the legislator responsible for the DWI surcharge in Texas was arrested for DWI and refused to take a breath test.
No Hunter, I am not representing Representative Krusee, so I’m free to comment on this story, but I still don’t want to add anything. I’ll toss out a little quiz though, for anyone who wants to play. Any of you DWI lawyers out there see anything odd about this PC affidavit?
On the ‘everyone loves the concept of comeuppance’ front, also piling on are Capitol Annex, Doing My Part for the Left, Texas Cloverleaf, Eye on Williamson, Williamson Republic, Stop the ACLU, Old Government Road, Burnt Orange Report, TTC News Archives, Random Nuclear Strikes, Truth be Tolled, Interesting Discussions, Wilco Wise.

No comments: